An imaginary conversation: Holy(i )Tharoorism




A small take on Tharoorism ( Shashi Tharoorji is known for his grand style of speech, much like Sir Humphrey in “ Yes Minister.”)

Shashi Tharoor wishes me Happy Holi:
“May your festive season be punctuated with revachism whose magnoliquence can only be theatropistically analysed by the use of reminiscent exacerbation. I hope you dont mind my apostacy. I know your arquistic impedance might not engulf this kind of debauched pedagogy because of its repuginatious tolecentrism.”




🤣🤣🤣 I wish him back from my side :
" May my ecstatic heartfelt exuberance subsequent to your magnanimous benevolent eloquence towards  this depraved entity be euphemistically magnified and perpetuated in the seasonal colours of this magnificent multifaceted Indian festival.May you and your progeny bathe eternally in its multicoloured hues so permanently so that your theatropistic ebullience be magnified manifold forewith.”

Samajh mein aaya? Nahi naa? That was the intent. Balle balle! I should have gone to Tufts Univ  like him I guess; it's twenty years too late :(

( Credits  first paragraph from a friend, second paragraph entirely mine)

Comments

  1. Good one! :-) All said and done, it's very interesting to listen to Shashi Tharoor talking. Unlike what is usually made out, it's not too difficult to understand him.
    Also, it's not about the university he went to; he has a flair for language, which is unique to a person. Your reply shows that you are equally eloquent :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ! Ha ! You are correct. I heard him at IMC Mumbai in 2012, and he is really impressive. The article is just in jest !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lord Shiva- the first bipolar

Sufism- the call of divine humanity

The Spirit-what is it actually