Musings on a solitary night





Four walls,
Empty, vacant  echoes.                                                                                                     
Dull sound of the oven
Cooking its solitary meal.
Emptiness and disharmony
Are but step-sisters,
One out-doing the other,
And following the other.

Just across the walls,
The wind blows cold,
Enters my room,
Rustles across the bed,
Brushes across my skin
And numbs my heart.

Throughout the night it haunts me-
The fantastic vision of the phantom
Across the window-pane.
He comes and goes;
An echo from the past.
Like an old friend,
I see him sprawled across the glass.
He makes frantic gestures
Before he finally dies.
It is common knowledge
That all must go
Passing from life to evermore.

Hardened minds,
Dull, aching disharmony;
Cantankerous rhapsody
Of long-lost tunes.

Years have passed,
Dreams have faded,
As life became jaded.
Do I still live?
I do not know

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord Shiva- the first bipolar

The Spirit-what is it actually

Sufism- the call of divine humanity