Dark skies, drizzling rain





Dark skies, drizzling rain,
The stillness of the morning.
The rainswept greens
Laugh at the grey skies.
One depicts hope; the other, despair.

It was not so long back
That I had opened my bags and my mind
In search of some solace;
It was not so long back
That I had to lock them once again.

Rainswept days are  comforting;
They bring back blissful memories
Of  careless days
When life meant more than rituals
That have to be performed.

Memories  work both ways;
They heal  you inside,
But at the same time,
Sear the mind
Which is still in search of that elusive dream.



The river beside my house is full,
The banks overflowing;
I have seen this river in a dry summer spate,
Just like our lives
Switching  between loss and redemption.

There are monsoon  journeys that are made;
Fantastic  hopes, lofty dreams,
Journeys of life are often in the mind,
That elate you
And leave you longing for more.

The rain has stopped,
The skies are clearing;
Will the  rainswept greens
Finally meet the grey skies;
Will life take on a new direction once again?

Pune
Aug, 2012

Comments

  1. Its some nice reading sir... :)I m myself wish to write but i know its not everones cup of tea to do some good writing... lovely thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The message is great, lovely poem. You should be a professional writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. No, I just write for pleasure

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lord Shiva- the first bipolar

The Spirit-what is it actually

Sufism- the call of divine humanity