Kuttlush loves to play

Children love to play, at all ages and all times.Aarshi (a.k.a. Kuttlush) is no exception. And so its not surprising that her all- time favourite place is Birla Industrial and Technological Museum (BITM) near her house.

At her favourite place
 This time, on our recent visit , we did a few new things. Sample these:
  • A  recce of the mock underground coal mine ( I remember this place from my own childhood days)
  • Feeding chocolate bourbon biscuits to the guineapigs, rabbits and pigeons ( Yes, crazy but true !!)
  • Buying an educational science project for her

I have been taking her to this place since she barely reached up to my waist in height, and now..she is a tall young lady reaching up to my midchest! I am amused at the prospect of the day when she will outstrip me in height.


Posing with a tiny friend
Of course, there were the usual challenging  times associated with a fireball hyperactive kid.  I struggled to explain the intricacies of a coal mine to her with my rather rusty knowledge, but I did it ! She was all ears, but left well before the end of the show, her boredom switch getting stimulated early, which was not surprising, for she was the youngest person there, the only other visitors at that time being a cackle of older schoolkids who seemed to know the concept of a coal mine.

And then there was the usual games section( her favourite), where we managed to build a toy house after some effort and failure of the last few visits. We drew patterns in the sandbox, built alphabets on the alphabet machine,and she gave the poses she has been doing for the last three years.


Drawing patterns in the sandbox

Drawing The World

Drawing a house

Drawing a car

Waves of energy

Then on to the mirror house, shadow box and other contraptions.She scored five consecutive victories in the football section (a new achievement! ) I am delighted at the exponential growth of her knowledge, which I struggle to keep up with. She quizzed me on the river goddess, which I failed. And she burst out, delighted at my ignorance "Ganga !!"Of course, how could I have forgotten?

Scoring in football - champion five times in a row!

Building blocks

The house we built

Pedal harder!
We went through a wide selection of science project games before we finally settled on the one I felt suited her the most.I do hope she plays with it.

And then, the grand finale! The animal enclosure with the rabbits, guineapigs and pigeons. We fed chocolate bourbon biscuits to them, and probably they were shell- shocked - surely no one had done this to them before. For sure, Kuttlush was delighted beyond all limits, because this was a new and novel one. To quote her, “I will surely remember this for a long time!”

Bourbon treat for the inmates

Having bagged her presents which I had brought, she happily snuggled up to me, after having her way with the Kinder Joy for Girls ( I had mistakenly bought the one for Boys, but how could I escape the scrutiny of this kid?).

There will be a new adventure the next time. Kids grow up fast, especially in this rocket age, and it isn't long before we feel like rather dated old foddy doddies.

Dad and Baby. Two monkeys of the same kind,different ages
Here's to Kuttlush and her happiness now and always. Muahhh!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord Shiva- the first bipolar

The Spirit-what is it actually

Sufism- the call of divine humanity