Easter with kids at Cheshire Homes

This Easter I had a good time with kids at the local Cheshire Homes, Ranchi. Mentored by the formidable Sister Cecilia, these kids are making the most out of  a less privileged life, but with  strong spirit and great zeal. I gave them sweets, and spent time with them. Meet the champs:


Sangita- bouncy kid with the wimpish smile

Birasmani- specially abled but spirits not down. I understood she had wet herself when I took her in my lap, but that's ok.


Group photo


Sameera - my favourite. She likes being carried about on my shoulders, sings beautifully, and guess what- she is always smiling. Great discipline, champ- she declined sitting in my car , despite wanting to, saying it was lunch time. And walked all the way to lunch hall though obviously it was a struggle without the wheelchair- that showed her steel. 

 Vicky--slightly glum


Sunaina- the chirpy kind

 Santosh- slightly sceptical


Aryan


                                                                    Roshan

I hope to engage more closely with Cheshire Homes in the coming months. This was my second visit.


Comments

  1. That is a really nice post. I have spent a few occasions with my kid at some of these homes and it is really heartening to see these kids and their talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ami, their spontaneity is really heartening !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Small such efforts make a lot of difference. As the old saying goes: little drops of water make an ocean.
    These small kids, who are in such homes, are unfortunate victims of circumstances. It's sad these innocent lives suffer for not fault of theirs. Glad to know you are doing your bit for them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lord Shiva- the first bipolar

The Spirit-what is it actually

Sufism- the call of divine humanity