Life




(2001)

Let's be truthful to myself-
Life hasn't been all fair;
It hasn't been all that it could have been,
But then, it's neither been all despair.
There have been promises that have been broken
And new promises have grown-
There has been success, along with failure,
Which the seed for the future has sown.

Life hasn't been all about control
And neither all about fate;
It hasn't been a smooth journey,
But the lessons have been great.
There's been a lot of laughter
Along with a lot of tears,
There has been optimism and hope
And also a lot of fears.

There's been a lot that's made me happy,
There's been a lot that sad;
There have been times which have been good,
And also times which were bad.
And as I think about it all,
I thank God for what's been
A worthwhile journey at every moment,
Every step and everything that I have seen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord Shiva- the first bipolar

The Spirit-what is it actually

Sufism- the call of divine humanity