Bittersweet Farewell



(Kolkata, June 2009 )

Everytime I leave this city,

There’s this bittersweet feeling;

It’s a journey of the mind,

Of going home, to work and life,

Yet leaving a part of me

Here forever, behind.

I wonder but I cannot fathom

Why it’s so happy to go back home

But yet so hard to leave this place,

And to say “goodbye”.

The raindrops fall on the tarmac,

Clouds fill the city sky,

But I still do not know

Why it’s so hard to say goodbye.

The aircraft lounges forward,

I see the city in the distance;

In three hours, I’ll be back

To home and work-

But still as we leave the city

And hit the overhead sky;

Tears well up inside me

Because it’s so hard to say “goodbye”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord Shiva- the first bipolar

The Spirit-what is it actually

Sufism- the call of divine humanity